The Grove System SRD
A downloadable SRD
From cyberpunk dystopia to farming sims, from space exploration, to coffee shop socials, the Grove System is robust enough to handle your game idea!
What is this?
This system reference document is for creating your own games using the rules and mechanics that power Banda’s Grove: The Quantum Convergence of Campgrounds. A system designed for discovering and exploring communities collaboratively.
Is making a Grove Game hard?
Not at all! In the document, we provide copy and paste wording for you to drop all the parts into place, and flesh out and tweak however you choose - write detailed settings, or a rolling table, or even simple prompts for players to build out details themselves. If there’s a mechanic you don’t want to use, you can simply ignore it.
- GM-Lite - A facilitator helps organize the table and play by default and uses a special facilitator playbook for their character, but encourages players to take up the reigns from narrating NPCs, to creating and running adventures.
- Three phases of play - Adventure, Macro, Update
- Collaborative episodic adventures
- Built in worldbuilding
- Two level map drawing (Overview & Detail)
- A macro phase zooms out for players to influence the larger community directly.
- Facilities - places that provide unique moves and bonuses.
- Idea mechanic - reward players by welcoming new members to a community by presenting them with new Ideas used to solve big problems.
The Grove System SRD is released under Creative Commons Attribution CC-BY 4.0. That means you are free to use the contents of this SRD for your own game, provided you give proper credit. To do so, copy the text below in your game, and things should be good to go.
This work is based on The Grove System, product of Pandion Games (https://pandiongames.com/), developed and authored by Andrew Boyd, and licensed for our use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
You may use the Grove System logo to indicate compatibility with The Grove System. You may recolor the logo, but the logo should otherwise not be altered.
Feedback and Questions
If something doesn't make sense, you have questions, or are just looking for a community to help bounce around ideas for your Grove Game, you can always get in touch with us.
We have a Pandion Games Discord with a channel dedicated to people making games with The Grove System!
Come chat and share your ideas and show us your games!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Gove System Launched!Nov 18, 2022
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.